The Student Organization Center (SOC) is a space where all Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs) can meet, utilize various resources, and is a welcoming space where students can come hang out. RSOs can utilize the space for smaller meetings, poster making for tabling events or marketing purposes, button making, printing/copying of materials, locker storage, and receiving packages. If you want to learn more, scroll below for a specific list of resources we provide.
The SOC is located in the Garden Level (basement) of the Lavin-Bernick Center (G11).
Spring 2022 Hours:
Monday- Friday: 8:30am-5:30pm
After Hours and Weekends: 5:30-10:00pm (Monday-Friday); 9:00am-10:00pm (Saturday & Sunday)
- Please note after hours and weekend access is by-request only. RSOs can request access for up to 2 members per organization by completing this form. Please note, only 2 members per Recognized Student Organization, will be given access.
- Limited resources available during after hours and weekend times
- Meeting Space: Open table spaces available smaller meetings (i.e. 2-10 participants)
- Poster Making: poster paper, paint and ink markers, construction paper
- Chalk Rental: Want to chalk on McAlister? Stop by the SOC to get all the chalk you need!
- Button Making: Stop by the SOC Front Desk to reserve the button maker and represent your student organization on campus!
- Printing/Copying: 50 copies a day per student organization
- Locker/Back Storage Closet Storage: Student Organizations can store small items in lockers or larger items in the back closet for use throughout the year. Interested in locker/storage space? Only a few spots available, follow this form to request storage space in the SOC.
- Package Receiving: Did you order items for an upcoming event? They will be delivered to the SOC and your organization will be notified when it arrives!